Saturday, December 12, 2009

2009-2010: Que Rica La Vida


Compared to the other places I've been over the past few years, traveling in Spain is easy. It's taken me a few days to get used to that. No unfathomable travel logistics like in Ukraine... here the trains make almost too much sense. No muddy paths laced with slippery water buffalo dung like in the mountains of Vietnam. No warnings of UXOs laying in wait for those who step off the beaten trail like in Laos. No crickets, snake hearts or vodka lattes to try... the weirdest thing I've found to eat so far is beef cheek, which is pretty tame by comparison. Not even problems with the language, as the little Spanish I know has somehow bloomed into a usable form of communication. So, so far, Spain is beautiful and mellow and very, very cool... here's a picture of one of the courtyards at my pension in Granada.

No comments:

Post a Comment