Friday, December 10, 2010

Cambodia Bound




Time to get the blog going for the last trip of 2010. This time the destination is Cambodia. I've been to Vietnam, Laos and Thailand - all the bordering countries - but I was saving Cambodia... its dense jungles, remote islands, the ancient Khmer temples of Angkor Wat, the still-undiscovered species of the Southern Mekong and Cardamom ecosystems... I was saving Cambodia for something. I wasn't sure what. As it turns out, I was saving it until I had a partner who found all those things as interesting as I do and - and it's a big "and" - actually wanted to take a month long vacation in order to explore them all.

So we're off tomorrow, flying into Saigon for two days to visit with my Uncle Vong, then heading to Cambodia - by bus, by airplane, by boat or by motorbike, we don't quite know yet. Stay tuned...

1 comment: